The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) includes rules on giving privacy information to anyone using our online services. Further information about your rights under GDPR can be found at www.ico.org.uk.
This site is provided and supported by Leyton Pharmacy
You can contact our DPO by writing to Leyton Pharmacy 98 Francis Road, Leyton, London. E10 6PP
Where enabled, the online shopping function on this site is provided by Golders Green Pharmacy Limited, whose DPO you can contact in writing, c/o Data Protection Officer, Leyton Pharmacy 98 Francis Road, Leyton, London. E10 6PP
Golders Green Pharmacy Limited
takes your privacy and data protection very seriously.
- Registration on this site is only requested if either online shopping or online NHS repeat prescription ordering is enabled on the site and used by you.
Golders Green Pharmacy Limited uses your Data Processor to provide the services available on this site – NHS online repeat prescription ordering and online appointment booking, the registered user information database.
- Our online retail sales are processed and filled by Golders Green Pharmacy Limited, your Data Controller, to process your online retail orders where shopping is available on the website.
- Golders Green Pharmacy Limited privacy policies are available.
- Your personal information is stored encrypted on servers in the UK and the EEA. Golders Green Pharmacy Limited may at times process or transfer your personal information outside the UK (and possibly to places outside the European Economic Area) to deliver site and app services, for example, to process email and push notification updates. Medicinechest Ltd shall take reasonable steps to ensure that any transfer of your personal information to a country or territory outside the European Economic Area, whose laws may provide for a lesser standard of protection for your personal information than that provided under European law, shall have adequate protection (such as model contractual arrangements as approved by the EU).
We will otherwise never pass, sell or share your personally identifiable data to third parties except when legally required to do so or when you have specifically given us consent to do so.
You may review, edit or soft delete your information at any time.
- (Golders Green Pharmacy Limited is obliged to keep some data for specific periods for patient safety, professional pharmacy regulations, and NHS record keeping and business processing. Golders Green Pharmacy Limited may also have to retain your data for those purposes only.)
- If you use the online shopping facility, you will receive email updates on your order.
- Use the online NHS repeat prescription facility on this site. You will receive email updates on your prescription request and automated email reminders if you request them. Use The Prescription App mobile app for Android or IOS, in addition to email updates and reminders. You will receive push notification updates on your request and push notifications to reorder reminders.
- Every effort has been made to make sure our databases are secure. Leyton Pharmacy and trusted Golders Green Pharmacy Limited staff and IT contractors can only access your information. Occasionally, information may be viewed by trusted third parties such as Doctors and IT personnel to improve this site.
- The site and app, our servers and third-party service providers wherever they are based, well-being improve have appropriate technical and organisational measures in place to protect against the unauthorised or unlawful use of your personal information as well as the accidental loss, destruction or damage of your personal information whilst under our control.
- However, no data transmission over the internet can ever be guaranteed to be 100% secure and whilst we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk.
Your community pharmacist may use the information provided to help improve your well-being by informing your health decisions through advice, diagnostic, and the management of chronic conditions. The information you provide here is essential and will help Leyton Pharmacy and Golders Green Pharmacy Limited understand your health needs better and improve your service. With your permission only, Leyton Pharmacy and Golders Green Pharmacy Limited may in future use this information to:
- Update you with information on services relevant to you provided by Leyton Pharmacy and the NHS.
- Update you with relevant pharmacy and general health, diet and wellbeing retail offers
- Update you with any public health alerts, drug recalls and changes in treatment advice and also information relevant to your condition(s)
- Golders Green Pharmacy Limited and Leyton Pharmacy may disclose depersonalised data (such as aggregated statistics) to describe sales, prescription demand, customers, traffic patterns and other site information to prospective partners, suppliers, medical researchers, sponsors, investors and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics will include no personally-identifying information.
- Golders Green Pharmacy Limited may disclose depersonalised aggregated data to third parties if we sell or buy any business or assets.
- Golders Green Pharmacy Limited may disclose your personal data if a third party acquires all or substantially all of our assets. Personal case data held by us about our customers may be one of the transferred assets.
Under certain circumstances, we may occasionally be required by law, court order or governmental authority to disclose certain types of personal information. We reserve the right to comply with any such legally binding request. Examples of the kind of situation where this would occur would be:
- the administration of justice
- where we have to defend ourselves legally
- complying with the mandatory requirements of a government department collecting information to protect or defend the rights or property of Golders Green Pharmacy Limited or users of our services.